Ages Eligible for Study: N/A-N/A
Genders Eligible for Study: All
Accepts Healthly Volunteers: No
1. Age >/= 18
2. Histologically documented Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the oropharynx (American Joint
Committee on Cancer (AJCC) v7** Stage III-IV A,B)
3. Tumor tissue (primary or cervical metastasis) available for human papilloma virus
(HPV) and/or p16 (in situ hybridization (ISH), immunohistochemistry (IHC) or
genotyping testing) If you do not have enough leftover tumor tissue available, you
will have a tumor biopsy for tumor marker testing.
4. Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) performance status= 0, 1, or 2
5. Negative pregnancy test for women of child bearing potential
6. Concurrent Chemotherapy
7. Bilateral Neck Radiation
1. Previous radiation treatment for head and neck mucosal primary cancers within the past
5 years (i.e. oropharynx, nasopharynx, hypopharynx, larynx, and oral cavity)
2. Pregnant or breast-feeding females
3. Clinically significant uncontrolled major cardiac, respiratory, renal, hepatic,
gastrointestinal or hematologic disease but not limited to: a) Symptomatic congestive
heart failure, unstable angina, or cardiac dysrrhythmia not controlled by pacer
device. b) Myocardial infarction within 3 months of registration.
4. Distant Metastases (Stage IV C, any T, any N and M1)
5. Previous surgical resection or neck dissection for oropharyngeal cancer, administered
with therapeutic intent.